Friday, July 4, 2008

Life in Berkeley

Hey all

It's been a pretty busy 2 weeks here at Berkeley. I left Northwestern thinking that it would be a really chilled out summer with loads of time to work on the NUSAF website along with some other random stuff but it has definitely not been the case!! The math classes that I'm taking are totally pwning my ass. And I am definitely not exaggerating.

Hmm.. anyway more on the culture at Berkeley. There are a whole load of Asians over here (and Ben really likes it) along with a LOT of Asian Food. We've been having Chinese/Thai/Viet/Korean food for the past 2 weeks with just only one non-Asian meal. Expectedly, Berkeley might be a great school academically but I think it's definitely not the best College to be in if you're looking for the US experience.

Oh and we probably shouldn't complain about our workload. Most of you probably think that NU's workload is crazy along with craploads of mid terms but it's even more insane over here!! Engineers spend about 8 hours (or more) on each weekly problem set and I'm guessing that's excluding Lab work. A typical mid term would have an average of 50% (as compared to 70-80% at NU which is the case for most of the classes that I have taken) And it's a hidden rule that students are expected to spend 2 hours on homework for every hour in class. Crazy.

Anyway I made a couple of skating videos alone today. Take a look everyone. They're not that great so feel free to comment/criticise.

Oh and how's everyone doing elsewhere on this planet..? The people at GS..? In Czech Rep or should I say Rome..? In Barcelona..? Oh and how is it back at home in Singapore..? Come on, don't be shy, let's see what's going on!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eh! Ice Skating when we get back!
I'm taking ice skating classes again starting next fall, wanna join?